DiY: Denim Vest with Lace

Friday, May 25, 2012 § 0

Hey guys/girls! If you think you have to waste more than $20 on a denim vest then you are totally wrong! You also don't have to be the best at making clothes.  Earlier this week my WWW went out to Eco Thrift and I found this nice Jean Jacket from St. John's Bay only for 6.98 with 25% off!  Along with that I got a lace tank top for just a $1.

What to do to get a Denim Vest with lace.
This project is not complicated, you just need scissors, thread, a needle and the right amount of lace and most importantly the denim jacket which you can find at thrift stores.

The first thing you do is lay out the jacket on a table and line up the sleeves flat. Then you just pick up the scissors and chop the sleeves out! I know it might sound a bit messy and scary, but if you cut right on the line if the stitching, it will come out okay.\

Once the sleeves are chopped off, you measure the area in which you want to add the lace. As you can see on the picture below, I added lace above the pockets so I measured that area with the piece of lace over it and I just went on and cut the part that I need. You can use a ruler if you want, the reason why I didn't was because I didn't have one and because I was just going to cut off the extra. However the thing about cutting lace is that you need to make sure that your scissors really work, because if you use crappy scissors then it won't cut nice. BTW, Lace is a bit difficult to cute because if you pull one string of lace, then another comes with it. I learned that the hard way.

So once you measured the lace and you cut it, then you grab your needle, and your thread (color of your choice) I used pink for contrast, and sew! I actually used two different pieces of lace for a more emphasis on that area.
Sewing is actually pretty easy but make sure you start from the inside out. After you sew,  you are done!

What's this?

You are currently reading DiY: Denim Vest with Lace at Chic for Cheap.

meta

§ Leave a Reply